Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fail to make changed to webdav shared in Lion?

I am using the mac mini and succeed to setup the webdav in Lion. Our PC, Mac and IOS users can connect the webdav shared folder for any copy and paste files. However, we all can't rewrite anything. The main point is we CAN paste a new one or replace the original one except making any chaged on existing file and saved it. Even saved the changed, we also can't rename the file or folder name at all. It is very strange we have the read and write permission on the shared folder but we can't save the changed. The following is my setting for the webdav share.

1) Create one folder as the webdav shared folder, check the share with IOS devices option in server.app and grant read & write permission to our group user.

2) All users connect to the webdav shared folder using the link http://myservername/webdav/shared_folder_name and succeeded.

3) User succeeded to read, copy file/folder from shared folder to local and copy new file/folder the shared folder.

4) User failed to rename the file/folder and save any changed in shared folder.

Does anyone have the same problem? Is there any special setting for webdav sharing?

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 3:56 AM

9 replies

Feb 9, 2012 6:13 AM in response to ctrld

ctrld,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. We'd need to do this for 100 + users now and add another 100 + per year. Unless there is an automated way to do and maintain this that could also provide for new users being added and departing users removed, I don't think this will work for us. I'm glad to see that it's helping many people though.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

Bill

Fail to make changed to webdav shared in Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.