Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you re-locate an I-movie project that disappears from the project / edit library in i-movie11?

As a school teacher, I viewed the student's movie project in edit mode and I known it was there. The student was attempting to burn the project to a disc to back it up and it disappeared. The raw video clips are still sitting there but the edited project is no longer visible. I've searched the computer but can't find it anywhere. I think the student renamed the project as they were preparing yo back it up. Any advice on how to locate the project would be appreciated.

iMac

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 6:30 AM

iMovie will only see projects that are in the Home/Movies/iMovie Projects folder (or in the iMovie Projects folder at the top level of an external drive).

Your student may have moved the project somewhere else. If so, the solution is to move it back, and then restart iMovie.

The project will have a file extension of .rcproject.

If you do not know where he might have moved the project, try doing a Spotlight Search on rcproject, and they should all come up. (Spotlight is in the top right corner of your screen).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2011 6:30 AM in response to Biro Tomodachi

iMovie will only see projects that are in the Home/Movies/iMovie Projects folder (or in the iMovie Projects folder at the top level of an external drive).

Your student may have moved the project somewhere else. If so, the solution is to move it back, and then restart iMovie.

The project will have a file extension of .rcproject.

If you do not know where he might have moved the project, try doing a Spotlight Search on rcproject, and they should all come up. (Spotlight is in the top right corner of your screen).

How do you re-locate an I-movie project that disappears from the project / edit library in i-movie11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.