Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XP drivers for 10.6.8

iMac 21.5 i5 2.4ghz MC309 I loaded XP sp2 under Bootcamp and it works. Hovever when I loaded the supplied disc containing driversI received the message "for W7only."

I then dowmloaded drivers under bootcamp and burned to a disc but got the same message.for W7 only.

What drivers should I download for this iMac to include those for the Radeon 6750M. Help appreciated.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 6:01 AM

7 replies

Aug 23, 2011 6:22 AM in response to Oldandweary

Go to ATI no matter what for graphic drivers.

Upgrade to Windows 7 for 100+ reasons besides Apple-forced upgrade.

If your OEM 10.6 or 10.5 won't - and those on there are the best, not any others, Boot Camp 2.0 to 2.2 were made for XP; 3.0 for Windows 7; BC 4.0? the jury is out, they can act broken, a "good idea' method gone bad or not ready.

XP in a VM is fine for non-gaming.

Getting ATI driver for XP mobility has always been a tough go. And older versions even from Laptop2Go crowd were best or only ones that would install and work. - but not sure about 6xxxM today.

Aug 23, 2011 6:35 AM in response to Oldandweary

I would suggest that you first update your Windows XP to SP3.

Then start your computer from the Windows partition, install BootCamp 3.0 from a Snow Leopard Install DVD.

(Note: If you do not have that Install DVD, I am pretty sure you can find this somewhere on the internet.)

When BootCamp 3.0 install is complete, update BootCamp to 3.2

More info about BootCamp 3.0 -> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3777

Aug 23, 2011 4:54 PM in response to Phil-CB

Phil-CB wrote:

I would suggest that you first update your Windows XP to SP3.

Then start your computer from the Windows partition, install BootCamp 3.0 from a Snow Leopard Install DVD.

(Note: If you do not have that Install DVD, I am pretty sure you can find this somewhere on the internet.)

When BootCamp 3.0 install is complete, update BootCamp to 3.2

More info about BootCamp 3.0 -> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3777

Just an FYI Phil, BC 3.0 is not available as a download, it's disc only.

Aug 25, 2011 8:33 AM in response to Oldandweary

I managed to obtain Bootcamp3 and reinstalled XP.. Clearly the hardware has changed in the latest imacs and a lot of the hardware would not work. Bootcamp 3.2 would of course not load as W7 not installed but I copied the drivers over and individually installed those ones that would instal and together with the drivers in bootcamp 3 most things now work.

I have a lot of yellows in device manager but basically the only items that do not work are the 1394 connection and airport . The 1394 shows as connected but will not connect to the router by cable.. The cable and router are OK and if I Repair I get the message TCP/IP is not enabled for this connection..

Suggestions for sorting the 1394 and wifi connections would be appreciated.

XP drivers for 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.