Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless tethered live photo booth slideshow with Nik filters

This might get a little crazy, but wanted to get some input from you guys. I am a wedding photographer and one of the options couples can order is a photo booth. I am looking to take it to the next level. Here is my gear and possible software

Hardware:

Canon 5D Mark II on a tripod with an Elinchrom ring light

Canon WFT-E4 Wireless File Transmitter

Airport Express

Macbook Air 11" i7

HD projector

Software:

Aperture

Photoshop

Nik Silver Efex

Photo Mechanic

Lion

Aperture Hot Folder

So ideally I could just set up Aperture to import the images using a hot folder, then automatically apply a Nik Silver preset, then display it in a live slideshow, but I'm not sure thats possible. Or if it is, I don't know the scripting required.

I was thinking I would set up Photo Mechanic to do a live ingest of the images (maybe only small JPG's and keep the RAW on a card to keep it running quickly), then have it ingest to another folder where photoshop would run an action which includes the Nik filter and border, then photoshop exports to the Aperture hot folder where its imported into aperture and displays on the projector.

Anyone think this is viable? Can you think of a better way to accomplish it?

Thanks,

Joshua

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 9:55 AM

There are no replies.

Wireless tethered live photo booth slideshow with Nik filters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.