Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"(null)(null)"

I have a Lion machine connected to our Active Directory server and I get this message when logging in...

"There was a problem connecting to the server "(null)(null)".

I think its trying to connect to a Network Home but I don't have that turned on in Directory Utility. Anyone else seeing this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 11:25 AM

3 replies

Aug 25, 2011 7:45 AM in response to StealthRocket

I have a similar problem...however, mine lists the server name (i.e. smb://servername/)...the actual share is not listed however, When I have it turned on in AD, the login item shows up as just 'unknown' with the yellow exclamation (and greyed out...so I can't remove). If I disable the network share in AD, in the login items, I see the item above (smb://servername)

Also, whenever I log into the domain account for this computer, it prompts me to mount the network home/share directory. Snow Leopard gave me no such problem...it just automatically mounted my network share, provided it was enabled in AD. If it's not enabled in AD, the share doesn't mount.

So the bottom line is...this is a problem with 10.7, as everything worked flawlessly in Snow Leopard, with no server changes at all.

I appreciate the replies.

"(null)(null)"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.