Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i scan a photo into iphoto

I have a brother DCP-7020 printer scanner and I would like to scan photos into my iphoto, how do I do this?

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 12:00 PM

3 replies

Aug 23, 2011 12:38 PM in response to jack fromaltadena

I don't think you can scan directly into iPhoto. I just did a search and found this on iPhoto FAQ:

Question 10: Does iPhoto work with flatbed scanners or film scanners?

Answer: Yes. To use iPhoto with your flatbed or film scanner, simply scan your negative, slide, or print with the scanner and save the resulting files to a folder on your Mac. You can import the images directly into iPhoto with the Import command. You can also drag the folder of images directly onto the iPhoto interface and add photos that way.

I also found this thread on these forums, which does verify what I said above ... hope it helps.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2781411?start=0&tstart=0

Oct 11, 2011 12:49 PM in response to jack fromaltadena

Hello Jack,

I my self am using a Brother DCP-135C all-in-one scanner / printer.

An indeed there seems no way to import directly into iPhoto from a flatbed scanner.

Though I can scan photographs via Preferences, Print&Fax and there I can Scan via the Scan button/tab and click on 'Open Scanner' button. Then on the right pannel I can choose the iPhoto application via the 'Scan To:' combo box.

Scanned photos are then to be found in iPhoto's 'Last Import'.

I did not test this with other types and or brands of scanners but it looks like it should work for all.

how do i scan a photo into iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.