Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i have aperture restart loading pictures from my camera. 2 weeks ago aperture was perfect. thursday aperture stopped loading new pics from the same camera. have done library rebuilds and permissions to no avail. about to trash aperture.

How can I get aperture to restart loading pictures from my camera? 2 weeks ago; my camera (nikon D60) and aperture worked well together. last saturtday Aperture would not upload some new photos taken that day. I recieved an error message stating the photo files were not uploaded. The apple store staff was no help at all this time( they usually are very good) should i delete/trash the app and start over?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 4:40 PM

5 replies

Aug 23, 2011 4:48 PM in response to 1wickedman

Was there anything else to the error message? Do you have enough room on your hard drive? Has anything changed since your last successful import? Did you update any of your software since the last successful update? Do the thumbnails of the images show up in the import window? Are you importing directly from your camera? Have you tried a different USB cable?

The more information you can provide the better we can help you troubleshoot. 🙂

Aug 23, 2011 6:10 PM in response to 1wickedman

IMO it is a very bad idea to let Aperture or any other images management app have direct access to one's not-yet-backed-up originals. Sometimes there are just "anomalies" such as you are experiencing, but worse things can happen.

Suggested workflow steps:

• Use a FW card reader or MBP slot to copy to a file folder on the SSD or hard drive. With fast camera cards copy times are quick, but cheap slow cards can slow this step down a lot.

• Eject and physically disconnect the card reader.

• Back up that file folder on external drive(s).

• Only after backup is complete and verified, reformat the camera card in-camera.

• Import images into Aperture from the file folder on the SSD or hard drive.

HTH

-Allen Wicks

Aug 24, 2011 2:06 PM in response to shuttersp33d

The pictures are loaded onto a 1 TB external hard drive with 758 gb available. The error message state the pics were not up loaded. nothing more. the message then dispalys a list of the pics that I attempted to load. i have all fo the updated software except to Lion Os. The import window never opens; instead there is note of the camera's connection but no import. will try a different usb cable though. and the staff at the apple store did not help in solving the problem but suggested I call apple care.

Aug 24, 2011 2:54 PM in response to 1wickedman

A bit confusing if the import window never opens, yet you receive a message that states the photos were not imported. Maybe being a little more step by step will help us figure this out:

You plug your camera into your computer using a USB cable.

Either Aperture is already open, or it opens automatically when you plug the camera in, or you open Aperture.

You click on the Import button? But the import window doesn't open?

This is where it is getting hazy for me. I'm assuming either the import window opens automatically or you click the import button. Either way you say that Aperture indicates that your camera is present and again, I'll have to assume you mean that it is present in the import window...

Do the thumbnails from the camera appear? Are you able to check the images you would like to import? When you click the import button is when you receive the message that Aperture did not import the images?

Let us know what is going on so we can get a better understanding. Thanks.

Aug 28, 2011 3:06 PM in response to shuttersp33d

shuttersp33d wrote:

A bit confusing if the import window never opens, yet you receive a message that states the photos were not imported. Maybe being a little more step by step will help us figure this out:

You plug your camera into your computer using a USB cable.

Either Aperture is already open, or it opens automatically when you plug the camera in, or you open Aperture.

You click on the Import button? But the import window doesn't open?

This is where it is getting hazy for me. I'm assuming either the import window opens automatically or you click the import button. Either way you say that Aperture indicates that your camera is present and again, I'll have to assume you mean that it is present in the import window...

Do the thumbnails from the camera appear? Are you able to check the images you would like to import? When you click the import button is when you receive the message that Aperture did not import the images?

Let us know what is going on so we can get a better understanding. Thanks.

Thank's for the respones. Found out that Aperture runs great on at least 2 gig of ram. Just installed 4 gig. All of my issues have vanished. Moving on the the next day.

How can i have aperture restart loading pictures from my camera. 2 weeks ago aperture was perfect. thursday aperture stopped loading new pics from the same camera. have done library rebuilds and permissions to no avail. about to trash aperture.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.