Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you lock the swivel screen?

I want it to stay vertical except for when i watch something on netflix.

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 6:15 PM

17 replies

Aug 23, 2011 7:30 PM in response to jckinnick

Since no one seems to be giving you a direct answer to your question, here is what you would do:

Assuming you are running iPhone or whatever iOS device with iOS 4+

1. Double tap home button to open multitasking bar
  2. Swipe your finger right on the multitasking bar and you will see iPod controls
  3. The button all the way on left is the rotation lock button. Hitting it will display a lock icon within and the screen will remain potrait only

Aug 23, 2011 7:50 PM in response to Pembs

Since no one seems to be giving you a direct answer to your question
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." (Chinese proverb).
Don't you think that it's better for the OP to know how to use the reference User Guide rather than having to ask basic function questions here? Maybe you'd rather rack up more points for yourself.

Aug 27, 2011 7:23 PM in response to modular747

Quite frankly I do not care about the points, some poeple do not have the sufficient knowledge of working with such high tech products and cannot follow the directions you or I might find easy. Or maybe it is just that I work with uneducated people so am used to avoiding what they may call to be complex directions. My 2¢ [no hard feelings].

Aug 27, 2011 9:23 PM in response to Pembs

The User Guide is not a technical manual for experts. The instructions there are no more complicated than what you posted. It's written at a 6th grade reading level and oriented towards a complete novice-noobie.

Whether intimidated by the idea of a "manual" or just plain lazy, getting people used to using it will benefit them in the long run. They might just learn something beyond the answer to their question.

How do you lock the swivel screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.