Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previews load slowly in Browser view

I'm noticing that when I view albums in the browser, the photos are not loaded initially - they just show up as grey outlined boxes:

User uploaded file

They eventually fill in as they are loaded one by one, but very slowly:

User uploaded file

Does anyone know how to get these previews to load so that I don't have to wait for them to load one by one? It makes finding a photo very difficult when you are looking through a lot of photos and they aren't loaded.

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 10:12 AM

Is there anything that might be slowing down Aperture? Do you have plenty of free space on your system drive? Are you using external drives? Is your software up-to-date? Are there any unexpected background processes running? Have you done any trouble-shooting? Did you make any changes to your system before the problem occured the first time?

If nothing seems likely, backup your Library and run "Repair" as detailed on this KB page.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2011 10:12 AM in response to jdmcmillan

Is there anything that might be slowing down Aperture? Do you have plenty of free space on your system drive? Are you using external drives? Is your software up-to-date? Are there any unexpected background processes running? Have you done any trouble-shooting? Did you make any changes to your system before the problem occured the first time?

If nothing seems likely, backup your Library and run "Repair" as detailed on this KB page.

Previews load slowly in Browser view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.