Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone noticed a delay when secondary clicking on the trackpad after switching to Lion?

I have noticed that ever since I upgraded to OS X Lion there is a delay of the context menu showing up when I lightly tap the trackpad with two fingers. The context menu shows up immediately if I ctrl-click or push down on the trackpad with two fingers, but lightly tapping brings up the context menu slightly after doing so. Try it out yourself and see if the problem occurs. I am certain that this did not happen in Snow Leopard. I am using an early 2011 13" Macbook Pro.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), I am running Lion on a 13" 2011 MBP

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 5:03 AM

There is likely to a slight delay as there is a double-click two-finger action (zoom), and I assume there needs to be a short delay to make sure you are not intending to double-tap?

Double-tap with two fingers responds immediately.

F

9 replies

Aug 24, 2011 9:37 PM in response to RyanML

Nevermind, I have just found the solution! If you turn Smart Zoom off under the Scroll and Zoom tab in System Preferences, two-finger tapping will bring the context menu up instantly. This is so much better, and I don't find Smart Zoom to be such an important feature anyway. This is important for me because I game on my Macbook Pro. Thanks everyone.

Aug 24, 2011 9:37 PM in response to RyanML

Was there a two-finger double-click? I don't recall but if there wasn't there wouldn't be a delay as the OS would not have to wait to see if you were going to two-finger click again. As far as I can recall, it was a two-finger single click for secondary button, and that was it.

I've already forgotten, but I didn't use in Snow Leopard if it was there - I had been using a mouse.

Has anyone noticed a delay when secondary clicking on the trackpad after switching to Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.