Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Bounce an email to sender in Lion

How do I bounce an email back to sender using Loin 10.1?

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 6:51 AM

12 replies

Sep 6, 2011 3:05 AM in response to WALTER-MILANO-ITALY

Are you trying to bounce spam (as opposed to a particular known sender?) - if so, please don't. Most spam has forged 'From' addresses so all you are doing is sending yet more spam to totally innocent people (who are porbably already getting a lot of bounces because of this) and making a bad situation worse. Even if the 'From' address is genuine, I very much doubt any spammer is going to remove your address from a huge list (they certainly would get a lot of bounced from actually dead addresses) - and in any case they can probably tell it's not a genuine bounce easily enough, so now you've just confirmed that your address works. Don't bounce it - just delete and forget.

Dec 8, 2011 9:37 PM in response to ksu62

I use bounce a lot (I went back to Snow Leopard to keep it). I have done lots of testing with bounce and I find it works very well.

In my testing, I would simply ignore various e-mails, and they would continue to come for many months. I would then start bouncing the unwanted e-mails. In most cases, the e-mails would stop after two or three bounces.

Other posters have claimed that a technical savvy person can detect that the bounce is not "real", I do not dispute this. I understand that a detailed analysis of a bounce can detect what it MIGHT be.

In my many years experience with bounce I found it to be about 90% of effective. And as such, it is an indispensable tool that I will NOT give up.

Dec 9, 2011 6:12 AM in response to Ziatron

Ziatron wrote:

I use bounce a lot (I went back to Snow Leopard to keep it). I have done lots of testing with bounce and I find it works very well.

In my testing, I would simply ignore various e-mails, and they would continue to come for many months. I would then start bouncing the unwanted e-mails. In most cases, the e-mails would stop after two or three bounces.

Other posters have claimed that a technical savvy person can detect that the bounce is not "real", I do not dispute this. I understand that a detailed analysis of a bounce can detect what it MIGHT be.

In my many years experience with bounce I found it to be about 90% of effective. And as such, it is an indispensable tool that I will NOT give up.

So you are a spammer as well, bad habit.

Jan 3, 2012 12:40 AM in response to megahotty73

megahotty73 wrote:

Most Spammers are using mass email programs that quarantine any email address that was bounced.

Most spammers are using fake 'From' addresses so they don't see the bounces. The people who do see them are innocent parties whose addresses have been used, who can find themselves receiving hundreds of bounces from messages they didn't send. Bouncing spam just adds to other people's misery. Don't do it.

How do I Bounce an email to sender in Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.