Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion iCal: event hides behind others when overlap

hey guys,

i just upgraded to lion (perhaps a downgrade actually...), and i'm having some issues with ical already. here's the first:

in previous OS's, if i had overlapping events, i could bring one forward in front of the others by simply clicking on it. in lion, clicking on a background event selects it, but doesn't bring it forward. that makes it really hard to read what it is sometimes, as in the attached examples.

any workaround?

stay tuned for another issue posted about the new "default calendar" option... 😠

-amina

User uploaded file

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 1:57 PM

8 replies

Sep 25, 2017 6:27 AM in response to Aminabot

I am having a similar issue in Sierra - I loved the way the calendar worked and organized itself in mavericks and now its gone back to covering over appointments so you can't get to them!!! WHY!??

I use calendar server to run my lesson studio with 36 calendars. Having 7-10 events at the same time is something we need to do and we need to have clearly readable!

:-(

Aug 28, 2011 5:16 AM in response to Aminabot

I am experiencing the same issue. For me it seems to be isolated to a subscribed calendar always staying in front of the Mobileme-based calendars. Sometimes they appear side-by-side, other times the subscribed one sits in front and I can't do much with the one in back. This seems to be a Lion annoyance that I had hoped would be fixed in 10.7.1, but now I am waiting for a fix in 10.7.2.

Nov 9, 2011 5:07 AM in response to Firedog7456

The answer, for now, is here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1198317

"

Use Terminal.app to turn on the iCal Debug Menu -
defaults write com.apple.iCal IncludeDebugMenu 1

Then in iCal go to the debug menu > Top Sekret (sic) > Uncheck "use iPad style event layout."

"

It is the default setting for iPad users, turned on for some @#^$& reason for even us MacBook users. And then buried in a menu only reachable by getting your fingers dirty.

Worked for me!

Lion iCal: event hides behind others when overlap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.