Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto slideshow music problem

I'm trying to play a photo slideshow with music on it from iphoto. When i go to look to see my music library in the drop down menu i see a message saying to (open itunes to populate list). i did open my itunes and its running in the background but i still do not see my itunes library in my photo slideshow settings. What do i do?

im currently using iphoto 11 and itunes 10.4.1. and i have recently updated my intunes, prior to updating itunes i did not have this problem.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 10:49 AM

You can start both iTunes and iPhoto while holding the Option key, to choose or create a new library. Try creating an alternate iTunes library and then importing a few songs.

If the music from the alternate library shows up in iPhoto, try re-creating your iTunes library. If it doesn't, try rebuilding the iPhoto library.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2011 10:49 AM in response to bayonvideo

You can start both iTunes and iPhoto while holding the Option key, to choose or create a new library. Try creating an alternate iTunes library and then importing a few songs.

If the music from the alternate library shows up in iPhoto, try re-creating your iTunes library. If it doesn't, try rebuilding the iPhoto library.

iphoto slideshow music problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.