Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check DDP 2.0?

Hi, I have a replicator claiming that the glitches I've found on my check disc are due to a problem with my DDP 2.0 files. Does anyone know of a way I can check those files directly? I burned the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders that were included with my DDP output to a Dual Layer disc and they checked out fine. Is this the only way? Thanks,

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 3:37 AM

Take the DAT file and add ".img" to it. Play that out on a disc. Other than that, you need to compare the DDP and his img he replicated. through and Eclispe / MEI verification proccess. SEe Trai Forrester for this:

http://www.dvdverification.com/

ALWAYS GET CHECK DISCS!!!!!!!!!

7 replies

Aug 29, 2011 11:04 PM in response to ccf

Hi David,

If you created the DDP in DVD Studio Pro it should have set a layer break for the two layers in a dual-layer disc.If the replicator had a problem they should supply you with the Eclipse report on what was wrong. Without that, anything else is pure speculation.

Your posts are not clear on what you actually did, and who or what program is "checking the DDP".

A more reliable way of creating a DDP and setting the layer break is our application DVDAfterEdit Mastering Edition. But you should not need it if you use DVDSP correctly unless you want to do additional editing past what DVDSP can do.

http://rivergatesoftware.com/dvdafteredit

Regards,

Larry

Nov 26, 2014 10:03 AM in response to ccf

If anyone needs instructions for combining dual layer DDP files, here are the instructions i created a couple of years ago from terminal comands i found on the internet.

1.) Create a "Temp" folder on the "desktop" or your "Home" folder, somewhere that will be simple to access through the Terminal. If you decide to use a name other than "Temp" make sure it has NO SPACES unless you are a Terminal guru who knows how to work with them.

2.) Open the "Layer0" folder. Copy the "MAIN.DAT" to a Temp folder then rename it to "Layer0.DAT".

3.) Repeat step 2 with the "Layer1" folder.

4.)in the Terminal navigate to the Temp folder using the "cd" command. So if the Temp folder is in the Home folder all you would type at the prompt would be:

cd Temp

It should now look something like:

Computer_Name:~/Temp user$ []

5.) Now Type:

cat layer0.DAT layer1.DAT >> new.DAT

(there are spaces before and after the ">>")

6.) Once you know the file has finished, rename "new.DAT" to "new.img". Now you just double click it to open it. If the DVD player didn't already open you can now open the DVD with it or burn it to a DVD-R for testing.

How to check DDP 2.0?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.