Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i Reinstall Lion Again via Apple Store

Last week i download Lion via Apple Store and was happy to work on Lion.Unfortunately by mistakenly i deleted my Application folder with some Cleanup tool. I thought i was wise to read the post Lion Disk Assistant Tool to create a Recovery HD on my external USB so i tried to reinstall my Lion using Recovery HD. After 2 days later the downloading process is continue and no hope of completing the download it shows that it will take 53 hours & 23 mins even i have high speed broadband.

I tried my WiFi as well to download the installer but nothing happens. Finally i got so much frustrated and format my hard drive and install Snow Leopard. Now i want to know that can i install Lion without paying again or i have to pay $29 again to download the Lion Patch.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Lion, iPod Touch

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 10:56 PM

You can re-download for free. Open the App Store and log into the Apple ID you used to purchase Lion. Hold down the OPTION key and click on the Purchases icon in the App Store toolbar. You should find an active Install button to the right of the original Lion purchase entry.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2011 10:56 PM in response to allensood

You can re-download for free. Open the App Store and log into the Apple ID you used to purchase Lion. Hold down the OPTION key and click on the Purchases icon in the App Store toolbar. You should find an active Install button to the right of the original Lion purchase entry.

Aug 25, 2011 2:47 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks kappy you make my day happy.. I have just sign-in to my Apple store Id and go through what you said and find the Install button.

Now i am going to download Lion again and update if any problem happens. BTW how can i create a bootable DVD after the download will get complete.I know how to create but i want to double check just when the download gets complete i will cancel the install and right click the install and go into the package contents ->Shared Support->InstallESD.dmg and burn it using disk utility to create a DVD. Please suggest if i am doing wrong way

Can i Reinstall Lion Again via Apple Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.