Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't i find Library on Mac Os X Lion?

Why can't i find Library on mac os x lion?

If you answered Thanks.

Regards

NelsonSupport

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 11:56 PM

It's hidden. To reveal it open the Terminal in the Utilities folder and paste the following at the prompt:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Press RETURN.

3 replies

May 26, 2015 11:39 AM in response to Kappy

I also have this problem... but doing

chflags nohidden ~/Library

at command prompt didn't help (even after restarting my machine...)

in fact, my /Library dir isn't hidden, that's not problem I'm having, I can navigate to it fine... problem I'm having is when I search, the search skips this /Library dir completely... it doesn't find any existing files or dirs in this /Library dir..

now for this dir to be "hidden" (whatever this means), when in fact my PHP environment (where I develop PHP sites) is there, makes no sense to me.. how can a development environment be in a hidden dir?????

my PHP env is in

Macintosh HD/Library/WebServer/Documents/

(the mac put it there, I didn't change anything, that's how it came "out of the box")

Why can't i find Library on Mac Os X Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.