Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i forgot my passcode

i forgot my passcode on my ipone

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 9:03 AM

9 replies

Feb 25, 2012 11:07 AM in response to ariyani

I have found a way to change the restrictions without the code. I downloaded iBackupBot, which allows you to open and edit your backup files. Back up your iphone using itunes. Open the back up with ibackupBot and find library/configurationprofiles/usersettings.plist. Double clicking this will open a window (click cancel if a registration window comes up). This lists all the restrictions on your phone (eg allowitunes and allowappinstallation etc) followed by a value (true or false). Change the restrictions you want (on or off) by deleting the true/false and replacing it. Also edit library/configurationprofiles/public info/effectiveusersettings.plist click save. Then restore your iphone from backup. It changes the settings without ever needing the passcode (which still won’t work). Hope this helps.

ps works on iOS 5.0.1, not jailbroken

Revans – relieved user

i forgot my passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.