Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows7 machine doesn't recognize the graphics card.

I have gone through Boot Camp and my windows7 seems to be running fine. I tried to install DirectX 11 and that seems to have gone alright... I looked at the diagnostic for DirectX and it showed N/A for the video accelerator -- I looked at the display protions of the hardware and it reads "Generic PnP monitor on Standard VGA Graphics (this is a 27 in one year old iMac with ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB graphics)... Is there a way to get Windows to see these? In the end I need to get DirectX working -- can I do this without Windows recognizing the hardware?

Thank you

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 6:05 PM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2011 1:01 AM in response to aj4value

Make sure you install the Boot Camp Drivers from Apple. They're on the OS X installation disk. You need these drivers to get Windows to recognize and use the Apple hardware. Also, check in Software Downloads for any applicable updates to those drivers and apply those updates too (you can also run Apple Software Update on the Win side and ge the drivers that way).

Until you do this, most everything will be marked "generic" or have exclamation marks in Device Manager. Once you've got the Apple drivers applied, you can install the Win-specific video and audio drivers from the manufacturers web site.

Windows7 machine doesn't recognize the graphics card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.