Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is the eject key on the new MBA ?

Just received a new MBA with Lion pre-installed. Connected Apple Superdrive. Works only if connected directly to USB port . does not work via hub. But ... did not find "eject" key on my new keyboard ! What key should be used to eject CD/DVD from superdrive ?

Late MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 7:04 PM

OS is Mac OS X 10.7.1

9 replies

Aug 26, 2011 12:46 PM in response to SP Forsythe

This actually all started while trying to install Windows 7 on a newly created Bootcamp partition : Windows 7 CD inserted in Superdrive (directly connected to left MBA USB port) but CD would not start the install process.

Reason : I had installed Norton Internet Security 5 (Beta) on the Mac partition. Apparently this prevented Windows from launching on the Boot Camp partition.

After ejecting CD (finder eject) and after removing NIS5 (Beta) from the Mac partition using "uninstall" in Application (Norton) all went well.

Still learning on my ± 35th Apple machine .... !

Aug 26, 2011 12:59 PM in response to GVSinYUL

Um, it was removed because there's no Optical Drive requiring an eject button 😉 Which meant they could get rid of it (i.e. there's no need for a dedicated button for that if there's no disk to regularly eject) and save space. For the most part, if you connect anything to the computer, you'll see it on the screen, and eject it by tossing it into the trash (which become an "eject" symbol in that instance), or via the finder window. Apple kinda assumed, I guess, that you'd be using their OS or that the Windows OS would have it's own solution to this eject issue.

Jul 27, 2015 10:54 PM in response to GVSinYUL

In the windows OS, their solution to ejecting disk drive is by pressing the optical drive button on computers with cd tray or right clicking optical drive in computer then clicking eject. But i think future windows OS will no longer have optical drives and they would of course have no eject button (not key). Thats just additional information.

One more thing. DO NOT CLICK THAT [This helped me] BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER!!!!!

where is the eject key on the new MBA ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.