Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Cucusoft

I bought the Cucusoft iPod DVD software and it simply doesn't work. I've contacted their customer support several times and they are clueless. I've tried to adjust all the settings on the Cucusoft programs (I bought the two) and nothing happens - the software just doesn't recognise DVDs on a laptop running Windows XP. It takes nearly a week to get an answer from customer support. The replies I get from Cucusoft custiomer support are either computer-generated or written by someone who has virtually no understanding of English. I've asked for my money back ($40).

From my experience Cucusoft is just a rip-off.

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on Jan 22, 2006 4:24 AM

8 replies

Jan 22, 2006 5:43 AM in response to Peter3MP

First off, I'm definitely no computer expert but just a couple questions.
Did you uninstall and reinstall, and shut down any firewalls and antivirus. I had problems when I installed the first time as mine didn't get along with my antivirus and spysweeper. When I got my PC up and running I disabled those for the reinstall and it worked fine and they're all working in harmony now. I only purchased the DVD to ipod converter as that is all I needed. Try the reinstall and see if that helps. Once I got mine working I open the dvd, uncheck everything but the movie or else if its a tv show, the episode, then I right click and rename it. I also changed one setting and left everything at default. I changed crop mode to Full so that I get mine in full screen when I can, then hit convert. Its only a little faster than real time but mine come out clear and perfect.

Just so everyone knows.....I am an iPod owner (my first) and I am not a spammer for this company only a customer that uses the product purchased.

Ps: Forgot to mention, I have not done the update yet after reading all the problems so I don't know how it effects the movies converted with Cucusoft, I would be anxious to know. Right now I'm happy with my iPod and how it works and what it does but like I said I'm a newbie and haven't moved on to the detailed stuff, I just listen to music and watch videos and movies so some of the things the update is suppose to fix doesn't affect me at least not yet, probably because I didn't have a previous iPod. I figure as long as it isn't broke, don't fix it. =)

Message was edited by: joly

Jan 22, 2006 5:55 AM in response to joly

Just so everyone knows.....I am an iPod owner (my
first) and I am not a spammer for this company only a
customer that uses the product purchased.

Joly, what I say next is not directed at you in any way whatsoever. I know you're just a regular person.

But... Peter3MP, CuCusoft software is spammed here all the time. So is another video product. Many of the video conversion questions on this forum are posted by spammers so that they can answer the questions themselves. They write posts about how they're using xyz product and it doesn't work.

It's all a shame really. For anyone reading this, I know you're all grown adults who can make up your own minds. I hope being in posession of the full facts helps you make up your mind a bit more easily, but I personally would not buy anything advertised by spammers. It simply encourages them to keep doing it and rewards them for their efforts.

Jan 22, 2006 6:05 AM in response to moonunit

You know....I'm finally catching on, after I'm now mostly just sitting back and reading posts. Guess I'm a little naive and slow but when I was looking for software to convert as the problems I seen with Videora were being posted and I knew I would have a terrible time with it since my knowlegde is all self taught, learning the hard way etc, I asked a person twice a question about the software they were hyping, their posts were copy and pasted, exact same wording and I never got an answer so I moved on looking for something else til I found this software and the trial worked for me.
Well, duh.........now I know why my question was never answered and now that I am reading more than anything else I can see the spammers. Like I said it takes awhile for things to sink in.

Thanks Denis, glad to know that I won't be updating.

Message was edited by: joly

Jan 24, 2006 7:25 AM in response to Peter3MP

All,

I started with Videora, but could never get consistently good results. I then began digging around for reviews of the many iPod video conversion packages that are out there, and Cucusoft was highly recommended. I purchased the software, and successfully converted several DVDs that I own.

I did start having problems immediately after installing iPod system software 1.1 on my iPod. Video converted by Cucusoft would play for 34 seconds, hang, and then usually continue without audio. I could fast forward and get the audio back, but it was usually out of sync with the video, and would subsequently stop after another 34 seconds.

Some kind soul posted a note that the problem was indeed with iPod software 1.1, and suggested that reverting to 1.0 would fix the problem. In fact, it completely fixed the problem, and the Cucusoft videos play perfectly.

I can only guess about the problem, but it sounds like Apple may have changed something with the codecs on the iPod when they released 1.1. I would like to see Cucusoft update their product so that the videos are the same format and quality as those purchased through iTunes (LOST episodes are amazing, even when connected to a TV).

For what it is worth, the Wall Street Journal reported that Apple sold 14 million iPods before the holidays. That surely must stress support within Apple, along with those iPod-related companies who suddenly saw their customer base explode. Cucusoft has been around a while, and I suspect they will catch-up to the increased support load. My two cents...

Problems with Cucusoft

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.