Skip navigation

Wow iTune 10.4.1 update is really broken??

720 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2011 10:59 AM by emrecio RSS
Rob A. Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 25, 2011 8:10 PM

This is a horrible update, what the heck happened???

1.  Search for music, in the result window, click on Name column header to short by song name and I get 2 minutes of beachball before it completes the sort??

2.  Click on the play music icon to get song preview and nothing, nada, zip??

3.  Interface is very slow

Anyway to go back to 10.4.0?

Mac Pro 3Ghz 1.33GHz Bus 64bit, Mac OS X (10.6.8), ATI HD 5770, 8GB, 2.5TB, 30", 24"
  • Rigido Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Aug 25, 2011 11:18 PM (in response to Rob A.)

I would add the Finder/Cover issue, people tested it and saw the problem even on SL and L, so the problem IS iTunes 10.4...and 10.4.1 didn't fix it.

• emrecio Calculating status...
    Aug 26, 2011 2:38 AM (in response to Rob A.)

Yeah, iTunes 10.4 and 10.4.1 I noticed is very buggy. Strange little things, like:

1) downloads (for podcasts) which just sit there at 0. I click "refresh" and nothing. If I pause the download and continue, then it starts up no problem.

2) If a podcast is blue dot (unheard) or yellow dot (downloading/refreshing) those dots wont go away if either i mark it as read, or the download/refresh is done. It's as if the screen is not refreshing correctly. However, if I open or close the arrow (to view/hide the episodes), the dot goes away.

3) Sync's sometimes fail or just hang there (again like the downloading, never starts)

Don't know if it's *my* setup, but I notice it started with 10.4.0

Running:

Model Name:    Power Mac G5

Model Identifier:    PowerMac7,3

Processor Name:    PowerPC G5  (2.2)

Processor Speed:    1.8 GHz

Number Of CPUs:    2

L2 Cache (per CPU):    512 KB

Memory:    2 GB

Bus Speed:    900 MHz

• emrecio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Aug 26, 2011 1:50 PM (in response to Rob A.)

Well put. Also to add to the list is hardware aging. I have a PowerMac G5 which runs really well. Further, it cost me a pretty penny. When they moved to Intel, I knew my days were numbered. But I really got ticked when they started focusing away from the 32-bit MacBooks... why is it with Apple that it's always "oh I should have waited" but even if you do, you're lucky to get 4 years out of perfectly good (and durable) hardware because the software and OS is dropping it. Sorry, I am used to my Linux boxes which last me ten years on average even when there's massive hardware failure... yeah, $29 mobo's don't last too long I'm looking at you "WinFast" LOL

Aug 27, 2011 10:58 AM (in response to Rob A.)

Yah. I suspect as mucho when it comes to UI issues like sorting. That is based on the API.

Aug 27, 2011 10:59 AM (in response to emrecio)

Hah meant /much/

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.