Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Library Episodes won't play in Chrome and Firefox

I've done a clean install of Lion Server (10.7.1) on one of our machines and successfully set up the collaboration services including the podcast library. Unfortunately when I publish a podcast episode to the library I can preview the episode in Safari (5.1), but not in Chrome or Firefox (6). When I look at the apache logs on the server I see the GET request for the video when using Safari, however in both Chrome and Firefox not GET request is ever generated. Has anyone else run into this issue ? If so have you resolved it ?

I have used several different version of both Chrome and Firefox with the same result. No error is generated. I should also not that the other features of Wiki Server 3 work as advertised in my browser.

Any help or insight would be appreciated. I'm continuing to look into the problem and will post any information that I obtain.

Thanks

Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 1:32 PM

10 replies

Sep 19, 2011 5:30 AM in response to attymullins

I've looked into the apache web logs (/var/log/apache2/access_log), but I'm not even seeing a request for the video file in the logs. The last requests are for some javascript and that's it.

Could this possibly be to an SSL issue? Of course I get the certificate warnings when I access the lion podcast page (either locally or from another computer) but I always accept the certificate and continue. I don't think it is because, as I stated above, I can access the video file directly via a web browser (I found the link to the video in the page source). I just can't view/stream it through the podcast site.

I ran the latest security update just this morning (1.0?) and it had no effect.

Replies and likes are very helpful. I know others are having the same issue and I would like to draw Apple's atttention to this. Thank you.

Podcast Library Episodes won't play in Chrome and Firefox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.