Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac.com account email has lost its mind

Hi All,

My Mac.com in Mail under 10.7.1 has lost its mind. Email I file keeps comming back to the inbox in Mail. Email I delete keeps comming back to the inbox in Mail. Its making me INSANE. And yes I have an IPhone 4 synced with this computer and account.

Any clues on how to remove the demons that posses my .mac account under Lion Mail or is it time to make an appointment with the Genius Bar?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 2:43 PM

Both my wife and I had a similar problem with our .Mac/MobileMe/Me accounts on our respective computers and iDevices. It started a few days before we upgraded our computers to Lion and continued for another day or two after the upgrade. We did not change anything to do with our accounts and after several rather annoying days the replications of deleted mail went away and it has not recurred since.

My supposition is Apple was getting their new data center on line and they were probably either reloading the IMAP servers or were bringing new IMAP servers on line from backups. I have seen this happen before with other email providers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2011 2:43 PM in response to Radio Engineer

Both my wife and I had a similar problem with our .Mac/MobileMe/Me accounts on our respective computers and iDevices. It started a few days before we upgraded our computers to Lion and continued for another day or two after the upgrade. We did not change anything to do with our accounts and after several rather annoying days the replications of deleted mail went away and it has not recurred since.

My supposition is Apple was getting their new data center on line and they were probably either reloading the IMAP servers or were bringing new IMAP servers on line from backups. I have seen this happen before with other email providers.

Aug 26, 2011 3:08 PM in response to Joe Bailey

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the help. I thought for sure I was going to have to have a small animal sacrifice to fix the problem.

After about 20 minutes of it reloading 136 emails into my inbox over and over and over and over and over again it seems to have regained its mind.

But for a while there it was making me want to run screaming from my office.

Best regards,

Mike

mac.com account email has lost its mind

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.