Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wordpress Toolbar not responding in Safari

I had posted this situation a while back, however, none of the fixes suggested have worked.

It appears that the Wordpress Toolbar - which appears right underneath Safari's Bookmarks Toolbar at the top part of the screen - when you log in to your Wordpress blog, is not clickable.

For instance, if I click on my blog's name in the Wordpress Toolbar, then click New Post, it is just dead. Mouse clicks are all dead within that toolbar.

I can, however, click on any of the links or articles in my blog itself and they all work just fine, so it's just the Wordpress toolbar that's numb.

I had to download Opera to use it for posting to Wordpress, as it doesn't have this issue. Today, I downloaded Google Chrome, and I'm experiencing the same issue with Chrome as I am in Safari, so I'm back to Opera for blog posting.

Any ideas???

I've sent a report to Apple and also to Wordpress, but wondering in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions to fix this.

Thanks.

MacBook Air 11" & iPad 16Gb WiFi, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Airport Network

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 1:49 PM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2011 2:13 PM in response to Rachel

You may have better luck using Firefox with that toolbar installed or keep using Opera. Third party toolbars are rarely compatible with Safari.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/text-toolbar-on-safari

Just so you are aware, it's not up Apple to update their software to be compatible with a third party toolbar. And you won't receive any responses from the reports to Apple.

In the future when you post for help with Safari, please tell us which Safari version you have installed and which Mac OS X. Your profile indicates you are running v10.6.6, but unfortunately, not everyone updates their profile.

Aug 27, 2011 7:01 AM in response to Rachel

Thank you for your reply.

While I understand it's not Apple's responsibility to keep track of third-party software, it worked for quite some time until one day it just didn't.

Secondly, I had downloaded Firefox previously and it, too, doesn't work. Opera is the only one that works. Having said that, my whole point is wondering why Safari stopped working with the Wordpress toolbar, or vice versa, however you wish to look at it. I don't need to try out any more browsers, when the exercise is to try to figure out why it no longer works with Safari.

As for your last point, Carolyn, I had updated my info with Apple here on these discussion boards, however, it failed to update my post yesterday - perhaps it hadn't had enough time to update my prefs.

I am using Lion, 10.7.1 with Safari 5.1, though the toolbar stopped working before I upgraded to Lion.

Wordpress Toolbar not responding in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.