Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank CDs Are Not Showing On Finder or Desktop

After upgrading to Lion, blank CDs do not show up on my desktop or finder as a media device. However, CDs and DVDs with media on them seem to show up without any problems. The blank CDs trigger my iTunes but do not show up as a CD to burn in iTunes. When the blank CDs are in my drive they do show up in my apple profiler. There is simply no image on my desktop or finder. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Macbook 13, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Aluminum

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 7:37 PM

16 replies

Sep 17, 2011 4:19 AM in response to DavidThornton

OK I found a fix. The problem for me is the Finder preference file. Once I trashed it, everything was back to normal.

Go to ~/Library/Preferences and put com.apple.finder.plist in the Trash. Then restart the Finder by choosing Force Quit from the Apple menu (or option-command-esc), then select Finder and click Relaunch.

That should fix it.

This also fixed the problem of the Finder being always hidden and inaccessible from the Dock. It seems from SL to Lion the prefs became corrupt.

Blank CDs Are Not Showing On Finder or Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.