Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BorderFX problem

I have done a search for my problem with no success.

Having updated Aperture(V3.1.3) & BorderFx(V1.5.3) to the most recent versions, the following problem now exists.

When I try to add a border to an image, after a considerable time in loading the result is a series of broken squares in the edited version. Twice I have deleted all files connected to the BorderFx plug-in, and re-installed. The results remain the same. Am I missing something?

Imac 27", Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 9:03 AM

12 replies

Aug 29, 2011 7:54 AM in response to Motib

And for me is was just the opossite, I've always used it as an export plugin. Yes I'm seeing the same isue you are when using BorderFx as an edit plugin.

I beleive the problem stems from the fact that whne he saves the tiff file back to Aperture he is using a compressed Tiff file format and Aperture can't handle it. Whats interesting is that if you take the saved image with the broken squares and end ti back to Border Fx it appears fine.

In BorderFx's preferences under the advanced tab there is a checkbox for disableing Tiff compression but whenever I try to clear it it always gets turned back on.

Hopefully the developer will get this fixed.

regards

Dec 30, 2011 10:01 AM in response to Motib

Same issue for me : garbled images when using BorderFX as edit plug.in, no problems when using it as export plug-in.

By the way, I noticed that I have problems with the edit mode when starting from RAW files : I'm playing with HDR images using Photomatix and this plug-in saves back a TIFF file. Well, for these pictures BorderFX works well also in edit mode.

I wrote to the developer too, let's see if we'll get a way to fix the problem.

BorderFX problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.