Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fullscreen Safari scrolling keeps freezing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Pages in tabs suddenly become unresponsive, cannot scroll. No scroll bars appear. Scrolling in other app works perfectly. This seems to only happen with Safari in fullscreen mode. Exiting to window mode restores the ability to scroll. Going back into full screen and scrolling stills works for a period.

I can nver close the frozen tab as the little x will not appear. Quitting and reopening seems sometimes to temporarily fix the problem until it returns after a few minutes.

I have reset Safari and I did a clean install of Lion.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rodí

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 27, 2011 9:59 AM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2011 1:15 AM in response to Rodi OLeary

Exactly the same problem since past 2-3 days on my 27 inch iMac i5 2.7 GHz (2011 version) running OS X 10.7.1.

Another thing I have noticed on occasion is it would happen on a normal browser page as well, nothing to do with Flash/Quicktime, etc but just random with a spinning wheel, but then if I bring the spinning wheel to the Dock then safari starts to work again!

Any help would be appreciated.

Fullscreen Safari scrolling keeps freezing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.