Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

preview: highlight text slowly disappears over the days

Hello everyone.

I have several days reading a book in pdf format with preview.app, and I highlight text in bright yellow.

I have reviewed all the highlighted text and the color yellow is more tenuous as I approach the beginning of the book.

In fact the highlight of the first page no longer exists.😕

How I can do to make all the highlight is of the same intensity of color?

I use Preview Versión 5.5 (719). Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 3:19 AM

7 replies

Sep 4, 2011 1:07 AM in response to a8venegas

Hi, I've got the same problem here.

I use Preview to highlight important parts during lessons and then study them at home and I had no problem before with Snow Leopard.

Now with 10.7 the more I highlight a document, the more it disappears in the first pages.

It's a really annoying issue and I can't solve it if I copy the pdf to a computer with snow leopard.

Hope this will be solved soon

Sep 21, 2011 8:28 AM in response to a8venegas

Thanks. Any way to fix this?

As a side note, with regard to Lion's Preview app, I have also been finding that when ever I annotate a PDF using grey text that text becomes invisible after one or more times reopening that document. That text is still there, but it's either being turned white or clear, because I am unable to see it on a white page. This doesn't happen when I use other colors. So, far all I've tried using are black, grey, blue and red -- and of those, I'm only having a problem with grey.

I will be going to the Genius Bar today. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post it.

Sep 21, 2011 10:09 PM in response to Uncle Roscoe

Tonight I went to the Genius Bar. There seems to be two options:

(1) Do as the genius did tonight:

- Reset the home folder's ACL (Access Control List.) (He said to Google this to learn exactly how to do this.)

- Repair the disk permissions

- Delete the Preview preference file. It's a "plist" file located in user/library/preferences

If that doesn't work, then:

(2) Re-install Lion.

I tried Preview with the fixes and most of my problems seemed to be fixed. Those being the colors of the highlighted text and notes haven't dimmed after a number of quits and restarts of Preview. However, the grey text that I originally included in my annotations became invisible again. They're still there, but you can't seem them. Although the text that I included using other colors (blue & red) continue to appear.

My feeling that this still might be an issue related to versions, but who knows.

preview: highlight text slowly disappears over the days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.