Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand '11 consistently crashes while playing back 3 tracks, Why?!

I'm creating another addition to my podcast. The podcast consists of 3 tracks, and after 10-15 seconds of playback in GarageBand '11 an error occurs stating there are too many real instruments in my project. The error statement then refers to the Help guide, which doesn't offer any working solutions at all. I don't have any other applications open, I've saved the project at every step of the way, and to no avail. I'm using a Macbook 5,1, 2GHz, 4GB RAM, and an Intel 320 SSD. Does anyone have any idea as to how to solve this? Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2016 8:50 PM

had a similar problem, after twitching stuff around a solution for me was to deselect active monitoring from the tracks I wasn't really using, like 3 tracks of recorded guitars with fx I didn't perceived that were being monitored...just stick to one track being monitored in real time...its very basic but some people might have let this slip like me...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2016 8:50 PM in response to Kyle119

had a similar problem, after twitching stuff around a solution for me was to deselect active monitoring from the tracks I wasn't really using, like 3 tracks of recorded guitars with fx I didn't perceived that were being monitored...just stick to one track being monitored in real time...its very basic but some people might have let this slip like me...

GarageBand '11 consistently crashes while playing back 3 tracks, Why?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.