Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking to buy an iPad, but I have some questions?

I see that Apple.com has some good deals on refurbished iPad 1's. I'm thinking about purchasing one because it'd be way lighter than luggin my laptop when I'm out and about, but I have a couple questions:

1) Would I be able to have multiple "windows" (i.e. word processing, Instant Messenger, and web browser) open at the same time?

2) How easy it it to convert documents typed up in MS Word to the iPages app, and to to switch them back to store on my laptop?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

iPad

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 2:22 PM

4 replies

Aug 28, 2011 2:40 PM in response to King_Penguin

1) I'm not really worried about split-screening. I'm typing this in my laptop, and can only see my browser window, but I have MS Word and Yahoo! IM running, as well, and can easily shift from one to the other, and would like to have the same ability on something mroe portable. :-)

2) I checked intio the iPages app, and it does look simple, but I guess my question should be whether or not a document I type on it can be easily converted back to Word for storage on my laptop. :-)

Aug 28, 2011 10:48 PM in response to A Silver Rose

1, yes you can switch between active/recently used via the iPad's taskbar - just double-click the home button below the iPad's screen and the taskbar will show showing those apps, and tapping one of them will take you back into that app.

2, I havn't got the Pages app, but that link I posted says that you can export files back to your PC in MS Word format.

Looking to buy an iPad, but I have some questions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.