Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

first time machine backup after partial restore

I have found it necessary to revert back to Snow Leopard after upgrading to Lion. I decided that it would be a good opportunity to clean up my machine so rather than do a full restore I installed SL from disc and then selectively restored data and third party applications. I am now about to do my first backup after the restore and want to be sure that I understand what will happen.

My research suggests that when I do the backup it will be a full one and that if I want to go back to earlier backups then I will have to right click on Time Machine in the Dock, select "Browse other Time Machine Discs" and then select the earlier backup from the list. What I don't understand is how the earlier backup will appear in the list as all the backups will be of the one machine. Can anyone confirm my understanding and give me an example of what might be shown in the list?

Many Thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 3:09 PM

There are no replies.

first time machine backup after partial restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.