Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there no AutoSave/Versions?

So I have the newest versions of Lion and Pages '09, but there doesn't appear to be any Autosave or Versions. It keeps prompting me to save when I try to close an edited document, the title bar doesn't have a menu, and when I run a Help Search for Lock, Versions, Save a Version, and I have nothing. Also, when I go into the File menu, it doesn't show anything about Autosave/Versions. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 7:18 PM

4 replies

Aug 28, 2011 7:52 PM in response to AQUAdev

Are you sure you updated to Pages 4.1? You need that update to get the Lion-specific features. If you're not running the latest versions & Software Update says your software is up to date, make sure the applications are where the installer initially put them. The updaters are very picky. If the location is not where the updater is programmed to look or if the folder doesn't have the name the updater looks for, it will not work. The applications cannot be renamed or moved. If you installed from the downloaded trial or the retail box, they must be in the iWork '09 folder in Applications. That iWork folder must be named iWork '09. If it doesn't have the '09 Software Update won't find them & the updaters won't work.

User uploaded file

Aug 30, 2011 6:07 PM in response to AQUAdev

Those are the latest versions of both Pages & Lion, so there is nothing to update.

If you haven't made any changes to a docuemnt since you updated to Pages 4.1 & upgraded to Lion, there won't be any versions to view. Hover your cursor to the right of the document title in the title bar. If you see a down-facing triangle, that means there are versions you can browse. If there is no triangle, as in a new, never saved document, there are no versions.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Why is there no AutoSave/Versions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.