Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rocket Dual eSATA 6Gb/s For Mac ~ Requires Reboot to Recognize Drives

I bought this card when ordering my Mac Pro from Apple last year based on the recommendations of the sales staff on the phone.

I have had a huge disappointment at discovering the drives only show up in the finder if I reboot the computer. No hot swappable, it would appear, a very huge negative for me, and it doesn't make me happy, I feel a little cheated or defrauded by the recommendation based on what one would expect.

I do video editing and I've got a ton of apps open at once, shutting down all of my projects to access a multiple number of drives is a huge pain inconvenience and annoyance.

I called Apple initially upon discovery of this newly installed card not recognizing drives unless I reboot, and they told me to contact the card manufacturer: Highpoint. Highpoint doesn't have a good website help setup that I can discern, and I'm looking for a solution to this problem if one has been developed, be it a software update, a driver, or something else.

Is there a software update, fix, or workaround?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 29, 2011 12:09 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2011 12:17 AM in response to edmond4

This is generally not apple's problem. The problem(s) are with the eSata drivers for that card or the external eSata enclosure's electronics or both. I had a similar problem (couldn't remount until reboot if dismounted) using a NewerTech MAXPower PCIe 2-port eSATA card with my OWC enclosure. I exchanged the card for a Sonnet Technology Tempo E2P and it worked with my enclosure.

Rocket Dual eSATA 6Gb/s For Mac ~ Requires Reboot to Recognize Drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.