Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still e mails after i clicked to stop these HELP

I ticked the box not wanting to receive any email still I got flooded with Emails How is that possible?

If you stopped wanting to receive emails is there a time delay? I am gettin overflown while I do not want that !

Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Also operate Windows Xp,Windows 7 ,

Posted on Aug 29, 2011 5:59 AM

6 replies

Aug 29, 2011 9:20 PM in response to clogz14

So what are you looking for? If you don't want to solicit mail manually or it's not working for you then simply quit the mail program or use the menu to "take all email accounts offline".

Are you saying "manual" mail checking is not working for you? If not, precisely what box did you "tick" for "not wanting to receive any email"? Because I don't see anything else.

Aug 30, 2011 1:02 AM in response to X423424X

I have finally figured out that you have to go to your profile and ther I found the option to cancel all mail.

The selection I have filled in earlier did not work and I am very sad about that.Your advices make no sense why should one take his e-mail account of line? Certainly not me as I receive other messages than from Apple form.I have used this medium before and everything was all clear and easy to find.Why there are different places to cancel mail notices is not clear to me.To just state

quote.

You can set to receive messages manually when you want them. Mail>Preferences>General.

unquote.

No mentioning about where you mean and I now discovered it is to your PROFILE.

Why you did not mentioned that is unclear to me.But I regard your advise as far below the good standards I received from others in the past.

You can set to receive messages manually when you want them. Mail>Preferences>General.

unquote.

This is the limit Who can be so I do not say the word to advise like this.

Glad that I found it all out myself.

Clogz14 very happy to be relieved from this silly flood of messages I could not stop .

Very sad this forum has become very unclear wher to go and how to do.

FROFILE is the place to cancel all messages and YOU DID NOT know!

clogz14

Aug 30, 2011 2:53 AM in response to clogz14

If the replies you were getting are unclear to you then it is because your original post was unclear. Perhaps it's a language barrier thing because after reading your last post it appears to me that English isn't your first language (nor typing it either). Frankly the tone of your replies leaves a lot to be desired. You set the tone of this thread when you replied to sig "PLEASE HELP AND DO NOT GIVE ANSWERS AS ABOVE".

And for the record, the first reply was from sig, not me, about using mail's preferences/general and setting manual checks. If you couldn't figure it out from there that's your problem.

Aug 30, 2011 2:01 PM in response to X423424X

If English is not your first language you can still try to communicate with people like you.

So up and top covinced of themselves that you fail to see that you could improve your help style.

For me the matter was very serious and integer.

I think it is not forbidden to consult this forum for foreigners as me and so many others.

The tone of my reply was very desperate clogged mailboxed and not any more able to receive an important message.Sorry the first answer was not from you but from one of your other clever "consultants"

Everybody has his problems and yours is being AROGANT.

Jan Verweerde

Still e mails after i clicked to stop these HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.