Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ARD connection failed to client

Still relatively new to ARD. I have a new lab that I rolled out and am unable to connect via ARD 3.5.1 to the majority of the client stations. The lab was built as follows. We configured one base system and used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone it to the other workstations. After the worktsations were cloned, we used the Sharing, System Preference to change the name of the computer and enable Remote Management for All Users.

We also used the Accounts system preference to change the Full Name of the user to match the name of the lab workstation.

I have no problems accessing the first 4 computers in the lab from ARD at my desktop but when I try to access any of the others, I get "connecton failed to Lab Computer xx", where xx is the system number.

What have I done wrong?

I have been able to use ARD to copy some files to each of the workstations though. Puzzled.

These systems have OS X Lion installed.

Posted on Aug 29, 2011 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 10:22 AM

Resolved.

8 replies

Sep 22, 2011 5:31 AM in response to dawgfan63

Turned out to be super simple. All I did was turn off Remote Management in the System Preferences and then turn it back on. I guess it had something to do with the cloning. Sometimes the simplest things solves the problem. I had looked to make sure it was on but didn't try turning off and back on for several days of fussing and wondering.

ARD connection failed to client

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.