Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A New and Annoying Feature in Pages!

For the last few days, Pages saves all my new document in the Documents folder -- and templates.

Now, Lion being Lion, I can get to the Library folder to remove the templates. And I don't want to have to do that each and every time I create a new document.

How do I stop this? How do I delete templates in Lion?

Help!

Posted on Aug 29, 2011 12:41 PM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2011 1:23 PM in response to VodkaPundit

Exactly as you always did :

<startupVolume>:Users:<yourAccount>:Library:Application Support:iWork:Pages:Templates:My Templates:

Under Lion, the highlighted folder is hidden.

I repeat for at least the 15th time that to reach it, you must enter the Finder,

press option while triggering the menu "Go"

Pages doesn't save by itself in these folders.

It just defaults to them.

It's your duty to define the folder which you want to use.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) lundi 29 août 2011 22:23:08

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.0

My iDisk is : <http://public.me.com/koenigyvan>

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

Aug 29, 2011 5:39 PM in response to VodkaPundit

For the last few days, Pages saves all my new document in the Documents folder -- and templates.

This doesn't make sense. When I create a new document from a template, it is not yet saved. It's not saved until I click File > Save and choose a folder for it.

How exactly are you creating and saving new documents?

Now, Lion being Lion, I can get to the Library folder to remove the templates. And I don't want to have to do that each and every time I create a new document.

Pages only prompts you to save templates in the Templates folder. And it only does this when you choose the File > Save as Template menu command.

Are you trying to make a copy of a document, but you can't find the Save As menu, so you're using Save a Template instead? Instead use the File > Duplicate menu command followed by File > Save to create a copy of a document.

How do I stop this? How do I delete templates in Lion?

You've explained in the paragraph above how to delete templates in Lion. What do you want to delete?

A New and Annoying Feature in Pages!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.