Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete nor rename Calendar Group

Hey there! I hope someone have came across the same weird situation I'm going through, and could give me a hand with it...

Let's say there is this "Duck" Calendar Group that shows up when I go, on iCal, to File > New calendar > ... – The options are "On My Mac" and "Duck". Now, I've played around with Google Calendars, Exhange and MobileMe so far (I do not use any anymore) so I'm guessing that's part of the whole deal.

There was a "Duck" folder at my Mail App's Notes, together with again the "On My Mac" folder. I deleted the "Duck" one, closed everything, re-opened, but it's still there on iCal.

What's the problem? Well I really need to name one of my Calendars "Duck", but I can't because there is this invisible Calendar Group "Duck" that aparently is reserving the name. I tried to add a random Calendar to it in order to delete the Group, but I can't. Because it's not like one of those groups you create inside of On My Mac. It's at the same level of On My Mac, so I'm suspecting my e-mail account "Duck" on Mail is causing this.

Anyone can give me a hand with the Ducklings???

Thanks!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Aug 29, 2011 12:56 PM

8 replies

Sep 4, 2011 8:43 PM in response to ArtPulse

Okay here is the screenshot:

My calendar is currently called "Pixelsiz" (the red one), because there is this weird "Group but not a group" that exists at the same level of On My Mac, yet it does not let me rename my calendar to "Pixelsize"... it just goes back to "Pixelsiz". Because it's taken.

I used to have Mobile Me but not anymore, and I believe that is part of the problem.......

Help please!! =(

User uploaded file

Sep 7, 2011 3:36 PM in response to John Maisey

The folder is no longer in Mail. I changed the Account's description, then deleted all of those who said "Pixelsize". It's nowhere.

I can create Calendars in it:

User uploaded file

The problem is... I can't create (or rename my existing "Pixelsiz") calendar with the name "Pixelsize", because there is this section that exists, and I can't delete.

Unlike Calendars, I can't ctrl-click it and choose delete, because it's simply unselectable, and ctrl-click does not do anything =/

And calling my company "Pixelsiz" is getting on my nerves xD haha. It's like not finishing a senten

Sep 7, 2011 4:06 PM in response to ArtPulse

I see what you mean. 🙂

The next thing I'd suggest is looking inside your Calendars folder (which is in your User's Library folder). With iCal not running move the 'Calendar Cache' file you should find in there to your Desktop. Then re-start iCal.

If that does not work look in the Calendars folder for non .caledndar folders (most of the folder titles will end in .calendar). Do you have any other types of folder there with long alpha-numerical names (they'll end in .caldav or .exchange etc.)? If so move these to your Desktop and re-start iCal.

As you are running OSX 10.7 you'll probably need to make your User's Library folder visible:

http://www.macworld.com/article/161156/2011/07/view_library_folder_in_lion.html

Best wishes

John M

Sep 7, 2011 4:35 PM in response to John Maisey

Ah! You nailed it!

For those having the same problem:

Deleting the Cache (or moving it to the Desktop, whatever) did not do the trick - by itself.

So I removed the folder that did not end in .calendar - in my case, it was ECA0A05B-7FE9-4555-8373-B464ED3A46DA.imap

It neither worked. But because I did them separatedly. With the folder removed, I removed again the Cache (since it's created every time iCal starts and does not find it). With both elements gone, I opened up again, and ta-da!

Thanks a million for your help, John!!!

Cheers!

Can't delete nor rename Calendar Group

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.