Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image views disappearing

Hi,

I have a farily large library, and several projects that show a number count for images within them, but the images themselves don't show up. I have tried various views and restarting with the shift key -- I have not tried rebuilding the Aperture library. Is that the next step?

I had noticed this happening in a few older projects, but it just happen literally before my eyes when I was viewing images in a project with no problem, then I dragged the project to another folder. The images within the project are no longer visible, though it tells me there are 6 versions.

I'm sure this has happened to others and I tried searching, but no luck. Thanks very much for any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 2:05 AM

4 replies

Aug 30, 2011 4:37 AM in response to sbrindolona

then I dragged the project to another folder. The images within the project are no longer visible, though it tells me there are 6 versions.

For the other folder, that you dragged your projects to, might be a filter set.

Then some or all pictures pictures are hidden.

Select the folder that contains your project in the library tab and clear the search field at the top of the library panel - it should display "all items".

Another reason, that some pictures are hidden, might be, that they are marked as "rejected". Those are still counted as part of the project, but not displayed. You can look for them in a smart "rejected"-album.

Aug 30, 2011 5:48 AM in response to sbrindolona

As leonieDF mentions -- always confirm that you aren't filtering a container any time you aren't see the contents you expect.

Relocating Projects gives Aperture some internal work to do. I regularly see the following: move Project in the Library, the Project shows up, but the Images don't. Wait a few minutes, or change to another container and then back to the just-moved Project, and the Images are all there.

Please post more specifics if

- clearing your filters

- counting Rejected Images

- expanding all Stacks, and

- rebooting

doesn't remove all incongruities between the number of Images reported to be in your Projects and the number of Images shown in the Browser when you select one of your Projects.

Aug 30, 2011 4:24 PM in response to sbrindolona

I'm not sure if it was the restart of Aperture or of the computer that did it, but they've reappeared. I didn't have any filters applied, and in fact, I'd moved the project from a folder in to the highest level, so it was no longer actually in folder.

Anyway they're back -- and I'll restart the next time I see the problem, before I create a problem thread.

Thanks for your help!

Image views disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.