Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sim

my ipad 2 was working nicely till yesterday when suddenly give me error msg no sim card

what should i do

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 2:37 AM

8 replies

Sep 19, 2011 5:47 AM in response to mohdyahya

Hi. There seem to be multiple topics on this Forum referring to the same issue: iPad 2 with SIM installes suddenly seems to 'loose' the SIM and reportsmin the top left corner: No SIM. A popup screen appears: No SIM card installed.

I have the same issue, not resolved yet. What I have seen/tried so far:

- after hard-shutdown the problem is gone. Then after a while it comes back

- same story when enabling Flight Mode. After a while the issue comes back.

- i have replace the SIM card. When turned on it all worked fine, after 30 mins I got the same error.

- it does not aooear to be a hardware problem, because then it would be more consistent

- it also does not aopear a software problem

- i have phone AppleCare. They did not know this problem. They suggested me to do a total system reset.

To be continued...

Sep 21, 2011 10:55 AM in response to antoN1961

I have performed a system reset: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. All data remains on the iPad, but just the settings are reset. It did not resolve the issue; after 10 mins the No Sim error appeared again.

So then I performed a full reset: Settings > General > Reset > Reset all content and Settings. After this I added the SIM card and since then it has worked fine. The data/content was place back after connecting it to iTunes. When asked 'do you want to restor existing iPad' i decided to build a new one.

Hopefully the problem is now resolved...

Oct 24, 2011 12:37 PM in response to antoN1961

I've the very same problem as you, this started just after upgrading my iPad 2 to iOS5 and now it's happening more and more often.

I tried to switch-off, reset, restore, re-insert the SIM multiple times but nothing fixed the issue for more than a couple of hours. That's really annoying and lot of people seem to have this issue :((

I don't know what else to try... I'm afraid than even sending the iPad for repair will only be a waste of time!

Nov 9, 2011 8:41 AM in response to Kinsem

Update: I got a replacement SIM from my carrier but the problem persisted, so I took my iPad to Apple service and they replaced it with a new one.

Now I'm happily connecting to my 3G network again 🙂

My suggestion for people experiencing the same issue is to try a "minimum troubleshooting" i.e. restore your iPad and the like but do not waste much time before going to Apple service if the problem continues.

Nov 13, 2011 2:23 PM in response to mohdyahya

Just got back from the Apple store, indicated that I followed this thread, reset the iPad, updated the IOS, went to service provider tried different sims. Was in and out of the Apple store in Mississauga, Ontario within 10 minutes with a new replacement iPad2. Thanks to all of you and to Apple. 🙂

no sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.