Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Korg Nanopad is recognized, but will not register trigger presses

Hey all,

So, I had a Nanopad working with the latest version of Garageband before I updated to Lion. Shortly before updating, the original Nanopad broke (USB port got damaged), and I got a new one. I then updated to Lion, and this is my first time using Garageband and the Nanopad on 10.7.

I re-setup the Nanopad through the Korg Kontrol Editor, so all of the triggers should be properly mapped. When I plug in the Nanopad, I get the message saying a MIDI device was found, and in Garageband preferences it also says that there is a Midi device plugged in. However, if I try to play anything when I've switched focus to a MIDI-controllable track, nothing happens at all (no sound produced, and no "dots" appear on the piano roll).

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything similar to this? I'm guessing I'm missing a simple option which will fix this, but I'm stumped at the moment. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Behn

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 7:29 AM

There are no replies.

Korg Nanopad is recognized, but will not register trigger presses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.