Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX server 10.6.7 password protect printer

Hi,

I am new to MACs Open Directory (OD), I am trying to password protect the printers so that when students prints it will ask them to enter user name and password! but i tried that option and its saying add admin user name and password...so I created a user in work group manager and gave it full admin rights in server and in local apps and settings. so when a student tried to print and gets a pop up saying enter password the teacher tried to use the "printer" user i created in OD it says type admin id and password which is local admin and I do not want to give that id and password to teachers because it gets leaked ot their favorit students and from there every one knows the password! so is there any solution to this problem please help we have only 6 days till the school opens.

OSX Server-OTHER, Other OS, OSX Server 10.6.7

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 9:39 AM

Suggest you repost in the OSX Lion Server forums here:

Mac OS X Lion Server

I don't know what Mac you have but this forum is for older PowerMacs that cannot run Snow Leopard or Lion. I think the forum I linked will be your best source of help.

2 replies

OSX server 10.6.7 password protect printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.