Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to identify which Airport Extreme model i have?

I don't know why typing in this basic question does not yield a link to a Knowledge Base article on how to identify which generation/model of Airport Extreme I have. I've tried using "identify", "recognize", "how to tell"... "model", "generation", etc.

I'd think such a basic question should be easily parsed by the Support search algorhythms.

Also wondering what feature distinctions exist between the different generations beyond the bacic updates in 802.11 protocols (a, b, g, n).

MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 9:47 AM

6 replies

Feb 3, 2017 5:58 PM in response to Bob Timmons

You're right, and thanks for showing me this. When I typed "airport" in the search box, I got a long list of Macs starting with an eMac. I scrolled down a couple of screens and still saw only Macs. I didn't go to the bottom of the long list. I think subconsciously I expected the closest search result to be at the top of the list and so gave up too early. Thanks again.

Aug 30, 2011 9:54 AM in response to malckwan

On your Mac.....

Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on your device on the left

On the right, you will see info about which generation model you have, etc.

Mactracker would be an excellent reference for information about all things Apple, including a detailed history off all models, versions, features, specifications, etc.

http://www.mactracker.ca/

How to identify which Airport Extreme model i have?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.