Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A fan runs continuously on my 21.5 3.2 iMac. It started after I replaced my optical drive. I tried hardware test and got an error code 4SNS/1/C0000008: TLOp--124. Can't find what that means anywhere on Apple site. Otherwise the machine works as it should.

A fan runs continuously on my 21.5 3.2 iMac. It started after I replaced my optical drive. I tried hardware test and got an error code 4SNS/1/C0000008: TLOp- -124. Can't find what that means anywhere on Apple site. Otherwise the machine works as it should. What should I do? It's really bugging me and I hope this isn't damaging the CPU.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 11:54 AM

5 replies

Aug 30, 2011 12:22 PM in response to Chris-from-hub-wi

You need to determine which fan(s) is the running out of control. AFAIK, the only fan/sensor involved when replacing the drive with a non-apple one in the current iMacs would be the drive fan, not the optical. You may have disturbed the cable from the Logic Board to the drive, or it may be you didn't replace the sensor on the new optical drive, or that cable was not connected back properly. Get iStat Pro to see the fan speeds.

http://www.islayer.com/apps/istatpro/

A fan runs continuously on my 21.5 3.2 iMac. It started after I replaced my optical drive. I tried hardware test and got an error code 4SNS/1/C0000008: TLOp--124. Can't find what that means anywhere on Apple site. Otherwise the machine works as it should.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.