Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scan multiple pages into one document

My point is, maybe you see that i'm on lion right now, and in Lion's image capture, you can select to put all scanned pdfs (if pdf is selected) into one file, so image capture creates one pdf file with several scanned pages. The function is called "combine into single document". The problem is that my parents have snow leopard and i can't find this function in snow leopard's disk Utility. I know it is possible to open one pdf with preview and then drag the second scanned document onto the open page in preview, and save it again, and as the 3rd step delete the first scanned pdfs so the single, multipage document remains. So that's kind of a workaround. I also know there are apps which can do far better (not to mention Adobe Acrobat) but I don't want to spend any money right now.

Does anybody have a solution for snowl leopard?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 2010

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 12:33 PM

10 replies

Aug 31, 2011 12:44 AM in response to noondaywitch

When I was new to Macs I got the hp printer for free. It had software, etc. Like a pc guy, I installed it, but it didn't work. Then I went with the printer, my mac and everything to the Apple Store and they told me to uninstall the software that came with the hp printer. Since uninstalling the software, everything works fine. I just want to scan a document with 134 pages and don't want to drag every single page to somewhere.

I also have written Apple Scripts, Automator Actions, etc. which helped to mark everything and drag it all together on the Action, but everything seems to be like a workaround for me.

Aug 31, 2011 3:38 AM in response to noondaywitch

What can I do for it? I got the hp for free and it works like i said. I know the software isn't the best. I know hp isn't the best. I know your canon is better. I know your canon is more expensive. And I guess you didn't get the Canon from apple for free.

But all that aside, my question was If anyone can recommend a free, great software or tips for using image capture.

Jun 20, 2012 10:56 AM in response to coolest___

I know this thread is ancient, but thought I'd comment anyway. Snow leapord also has this option. Use Preview, under file, click "import from scanner." Click the "details" box. Make sure you are scanning as format: PDF and there is a check box "Create single document." -This box ONLY appears when you are scanning as PDF. Hope this is what you were looking for.

scan multiple pages into one document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.