Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't burn cd's with itunes. I receive an error message that says the registry settings used by the itunes drivers for importing and burning cd's are missing. I HAVE reintstalled itunes several times now... what to do???

I installed some new burning software and after I did, I get a message every time I start up itunes that the registry entries used to import or burn cd's are missing in itunes, please reinstall. I have several times now, still the same issue. I can't burn cd's with itunes. I really like the other burning software I'm using for making dvd's of flip videos and want to keep that too. What to do?

Windows 7

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 12:41 PM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2011 6:35 PM in response to MarkNIowa

No drivers in LowerFilters.

No drivers in UpperFilters.

Failed loading CD / DVD drives, error -43. Try doing a repair install on iTunes from the “Add or Remove Programs” control panel.

I'd start with the following document, with one modification. At step 12 after typing GEARAspiWDM press the Enter/Return key once prior to clicking OK. (Pressing Return adds a carriage return in the field and is important.)

iTunes for Windows: "Registry settings" warning when opening iTunes

I can't burn cd's with itunes. I receive an error message that says the registry settings used by the itunes drivers for importing and burning cd's are missing. I HAVE reintstalled itunes several times now... what to do???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.