Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the default password for Airport Express?

admin is not working...

AirPort Express-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 2:57 AM

Try your wifi-Password. Worked for me

9 replies

Aug 30, 2011 5:45 PM in response to deirdrefrombarnstable

There is no default password. None is needed unless you have configured one. If that's the case, and you don't know what it is, use a toothpick to push the reset button on the AEX while it's plugged into the wall outlet. Hold until the light starts to blink fast.

The AEX is accessed and configured using Airport Utility. It also came with a user manual.

Sep 5, 2014 9:51 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob, your response telling that user he "forgot doing this" was...kinda condescending.

You were wrong Bob. I just unboxed my brand new Airport express, launched the Airport config utility and clicked "upgrade firmware". Boom, it asks for password. Literally this has been out of the box for...2 minutes. I don't think I forgot setting a password.

In order to fix something, one must admit there is a problem. This is probably why 3 years after the original post this is still an issue.

what is the default password for Airport Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.