Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Lion Mail App Unified Inbox Bug

I have a Business Google Apps Mail account and after selecting the 'All Mail' option under Gmail and then selecting the unified inbox, no mail is displayed at all. I can restart and recreate over and over so it seems to be a bug with the new Mail App. Also, trying to email a photo out of iPhoto results in an error everytime. I only have one mail account setup in Mail at this time. I know Apple is probably working on a fix as I write this! Thanks.

Mail-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 5:43 PM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2011 5:48 PM in response to MacNT

Don't know about the All mail option, sorry. Maybe somebody here will have an idea on how to fix that.

As for the error upon mailing via iPhoto, is it a "doesn't appear to be a valid email address" kind of error? If so, that one appears to be real bug. You can actually dismiss the error with "send anyway" and it works ok. This seems to be a bug which occurs whenever you create a message with an attachment prepared by another program. For example, the "Mail PDF" option in the print dialog exhibits the same problem.

charlie

Dec 15, 2011 9:16 AM in response to MacNT

I'm seeing something similar. I'm using the unified mailbox feature w/Lion and have an iCloud and a regular (non-business) Gmail account. When I click on the unified view it does not show the new mail in the Gmail inbox until I specifically select the Gmail inbox. This only started happening recently. I wonder if it has to do with the number of message in your Gmail inbox, or a change on the Gmail server side, or something corrupt in my local Mail cache. I suspect its from a server side Gmail change, there have been quite a few recently. FWIW, the new mail badge on the Mail.app dock icon does show the correct count.

-Noah

OS X Lion Mail App Unified Inbox Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.