Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Bluetooth Control Panel on Windows 7

Hey everybody. I recently bought an Apple bluetooth keyboard. It works perfectly fine on Mac, but when I go on Windows 7, I can't seem to access any form of a Bluetooth Control Panel.

I distinctly remember there being a Bluetooth icon in my task bar, but then I recently updated my Windows 7 and all traces of Bluetooth capability seem to have been wiped out.

In the start bar, if I searched for "bluetooth" it used to show options such as "Add a Bluetooth device" and a variety of other options, but now this is gone and all I am left with is something called "Bluetooth Transfer" (which doesn't even work because a Bluetooth device needs to be connected in the first place.

I tried reinstalling any bootcamp drivers in the OSX Installation disc that came with my Macbook Pro, but that didn't do any good.

I'm wondering if anybody ran into similar problems, which I think some have.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2423309?answerId=11491780022#11491780022

As far as I know, I can't pair any Bluetooth devices in Windows 7 mode. I can add "wireless" devices, but it doesn't detect my Apple bluetooth keyboard.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Computer: 2010 Macbook Pro

Software: OSX Lion and Windows 7 Ultimate

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 12:20 AM

1 reply

No Bluetooth Control Panel on Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.