Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update a previously submitted, selling Dashboard Widget?

did neither find a way to upload a new dashboard widget nor to update an existing one.. any advise or hint is appreciated!

Thank you.

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 4:49 AM

13 replies

Aug 31, 2011 8:17 AM in response to jetlog

While perhaps somewhat overly terse, sig's comment is valid; we cannot determine from your post exactly what it is you're referring to. To where are you trying to "upload" this widget and what do you mean by "previously submitted" and "selling"? Without knowing exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish, it's all but impossible to offer cogent advice.

Regards.

Aug 31, 2011 12:40 PM in response to jetlog

Apple has not listed any updates or new widgets since February of this year, so it would seem probable that they are no longer accepting new submissions nor updates to existing Dashboard widgets. You can try submitting a query to Apple Developer Support, if you're a developer program member, and see if they can provide any information.

Regards.

Sep 1, 2011 12:38 AM in response to varjak paw

WILCO Dave!

We tried submitting a query to Apple Developer Support before posting here - nevertheless, there was no option to contact dev support at all (expect in the iOS DevProgram which isn't really the concerned partie we guess) - anyway, we contacted a company of a Jan 2011 upload and will provide feedback in this very discussion.

Again, thank you very much for your highly appreciated assistance in this matter.

Sep 27, 2011 12:38 AM in response to Vantive

Unfortunately, the only thing we could conclude is that dashboard widgets are of no more interest and/or there is a communication failure at the OS vendor end... we gave it up and let go providing updates through our own sites.

Nevertheless, any information on policy and/or clean update procedue update would be highly appreciated!

Nov 7, 2011 8:09 PM in response to jetlog

Thanks for posting... I'm experiencing the same thing, it's nice to know I'm not going crazy.

I've periodically attempted to update my widget in the past year... It's free, I make no money from it, and neither does Apple, but it's not about me or Apple, it's about the people who want to use the app, and learn how to play the piano.

I've invested a few hours attempting to move forwards on this issue, and if it's truely not possible... then that seems like a large shortfall in customer service; it's not just the developers wasting time, it's the customers looking for the products.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

How to update a previously submitted, selling Dashboard Widget?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.