Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie HD 6 Can't See Video in Window Pane

Hello.

First the specs:

MacPro

OSX 10.6.8

iMovie 6.0.3

Camera: Canon Vixia HV40

Quicktime 10.0

I have been using the Vixia HV40 to import HD video into iMovie 6 for over a year with no problems. Now, all of a sudden, I cannot import video. When I connect the camera, all I get is the blue screen with the digital counter in the upper right hand corner. The screen says the camera is connected and I can FF and RW but no video (no audio either). A quick test import using Quicktime was fine. Video imported with no problems. Any thoughts? (Other than upgrading iMovie since I am heavly invested in third party plug-ins.)

Thanks,

John

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 2:31 PM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2011 11:19 PM in response to jrc362

Hi Jrc362 - may be worth trashing the following file:

go Users (you)>Library>Preferences>com.apple.imovie plist

See if that helps.

Also worth trying - import into an existing project- does that work?; change to a new project; turn computer off and on again; repair permissions (Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility).

iMovie HD 6 Can't See Video in Window Pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.